OUR CORE VALUES
Rescue Dada Centre values express what we believe in and how we as organization and as individuals in the organization seek to behave. These values are underpinned by our catholic faith through which we embrace all people. The values do not follow a hierarchy – all are of equal importance:
- Respect for human dignity – we are committed to unbiased, transparent, fair and mutual relationships, and respect all our stakeholders regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, race, social status, religion, or opinion. Honesty, Transparency and Integrity – we commit to creating an atmosphere of trust and confidence in RDC and with our stakeholders through upright and transparent communication and interactions, demonstrating sound morals and ethical principles.
- Honesty, Transparency and Integrity – we commit to creating an atmosphere of trust and confidence in RDC and with our stakeholders through upright and transparent communication and interactions, demonstrating sound morals and ethical principles.
- Rights-Based-Approach – we commit to uphold the ‘rule of law’ including the Kenyan and international frameworks such as the Kenyan Children’s Act, the African Charter on the Rights and Welfare or the Child as well as the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC). This we do with a strong focus on the protection and realization of rights of excluded and marginalized populations, especially street connected girls whose rights are at risk of being violated.
- Quality Services and Result Based-Approach – we hold ourselves accountable for working professionally and providing high quality services, adapted to the unique needs of our stakeholders, while focusing on the achievement of our defined long term outcomes.
- Empathy – we commit ourselves to seek understanding what our target groups are experiencing from within their frame of reference as the basis for all of our interventions.
- Teamwork – we commit ourselves to work effectively and efficiently as a team to enhance organizational performance, create synergies, foster creativity, mutual learning and support, and maximizing shared knowledge. At the same time we consider participating, engaging or forming teams with external stakeholders, creating long-lasting cooperation and networks to foster exchange of information, ideas and mutual support and/or combined efforts to advocate for same causes.
- Innovation – we invest in innovative opportunities and make use of our past experience, internal and external expertise to creatively develop our programmes for the best interest of the girl child and their families.