JOB DETAILS: EXTERNAL TRAINING OFFICER
S/he is responsible for implementing external training activities as part of Rescue Dada Center’s Empowerment Programme in line with the Programmes Standard Operating Process (SOP).
S/he is responsible for providing pre-, training and post training activities to the departments target groups and support the trainees to improve their (self) employment and livelihood security; maintaining professional and productive relationships with network partners and the trainees guiding them towards successful completion of the training, entering into (self) employment.
S/he will treat networking partners and trainees with respect and sensitivity and will maintain discipline amongst trainees in training and job/business placement. S/he has to be flexible as the requirements vary according to the situation at RDC, trainees’ age, background and psychosocial needs as well as network partner’s situation.
S/he will report to the Head of Vocational Training Department, whose instructions must be carried out promptly and to the best of his/her ability.
S/he will be required to undertake any other activities falling under the Vocational Skills Training Department, as needed and provide course feedback to the Head of department
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Continuous Networking with relevant training providers, companies, organisations and businesses for attachment, job placement and professional exchange;
- Manage the relationship between all stakeholders and ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution;
- Negotiate training and ensures various teaching methods and instructional materials are adapted to meet the participants varying needs and interest and employment conditions for our target groups and initiate the development of Memorandums of Understanding;
Trainee engagement, recruitment and enrolment
- Trainee engagement, including facilitating the application process and trainee assessment to understand the background and living situation of the trainee, considering interest, strength, abilities and availability;
- Placement of trainees with the respective external and internal training provider;
- Ensures that quality training is conducted at properly equipped institutes or selected on job training providers with a one-month attachment;
- Provide career guidance through needs-based coaching and provide information and advice to help identify training needs interests and strength of the participants and enable them make informed choices during training.
- Facilitate and conduct life skills, employability skills training and product making training for the beneficiaries of empowerment program.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Monitor and Guide the Trainee during the external skills training through bi-weekly phone call to the supervisor and monthly physical visits to the trainee; trainee in attachment, with weekly follow ups through phone call and a physical visit the in the last week of the attachment to discuss the report and further support with; and former trainees during the first 6 month of (self)employment through monthly phone follow up and quarterly physical visits to the place of work;
- Conduct trainee reflection sessions on the quality of training process, success and challenges, the changes in their life and their career aspirations.
Support in to (self) employment
- Support trainees to find a job through connecting the same to job opportunities;
- Facilitation of the starter kit allocation based on the developed criteria.
- Maintain the alumni association network involving all interested former trainees in order to maintain a bond between the former trainees, create mentorship opportunities, support each other, RDC as an organization;
- Responsible for planning the graduation ceremony and invite all the trainees who completed the training in the previous year of exam, including the trainees of the external training
- Provide input into a case from their perspective during MDT case conferences.
- Be involved across the MDTs as per the need: in case assessment, support planning & revision, assessing the reintegration readiness and planning reintegration itself, during the rehabilitation of the girl.
- Maintain complete, accurate and confidential records of the progress of every trainee according to the existing trainee records and assessment forms;
- Assess the progress of the trainee at point of admission and exit from the follow up through a Livelihood Assessment and support to the M&E Coordinator in any other relevant data collection efforts.
- Regularly update the programme database for trainees, network partners (external training providers & potential employers) including an overview of technical skills offered ad training content and arrangements agreed to;
- Develop individual Work plans and write up of timely training and activity progress reports.
- Work in a multidisciplinary team to ensure quality and holistic care for all girls in rehabilitation that are participating in the training.
- Participate in monthly Programme Management Meetings.
S/he will have a bachelor degree in social science
S/he will have at least 2 years work experience in vocational training, including networking, mobilization and capacity building experience.
Must be flexible, understanding and committed to realizing the rights of children.
Must be Assertive and have leadership skills.
Must be a team player.
Must be prepared to work in potentially high-risk environments.
Must have sound communication skills – empathic communicator, motivator;
Must have analytical, problem solving & statistical skills;
Must be organized, accurate, independent and have a result driven working style;
Must be reliable, honest with a sincere work attitude.
Must be competent in using Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel.
Must have certificate of good conduct.
Must be conversant in English and Kiswahili.
Job application procedure
Qualified candidates are requested to apply via email with the following documents:
. Cover letter explaining why you consider yourself suitable for the position, including salary expectations
. CV and three referees
. Copies of all relevant Certificates
. Certificate of Good Conduct
Please combine all your documents into one (1) single PDF document.
Only complete applications will be considered!
Applications should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position as the subject of the email.
Deadline: 21st March 2022 by 5pm.
RDC Director: email@example.com